If you have cabinets from IKEA, you do not have to measure your cabinet doors. Just send an e-mail to us with the size of your cabinets and we will reply with an offer.
If you have cabinet doors with concealed hinges, you can measure your existing doors and drawer fronts. If you want to keep your existing hinges, measure even the placing of the hinge cup hole on the backside of the door. (Click on the image to enlarge it) Demount a door and take away the hinges. Check that the hole is 35 millimeter in diameter. Measure and specify distances 'A' and 'B' when you order your new kitchen cabinet doors. We will drill the hole to the same place to make changing the doors easier and faster. Check that the holes are at the same place in all doors.
If you have other than concealed hinges that you want to change, you should measure the cabinets instead of the doors. Use this step-by-step example when you measure your cabinets.
You probably manage the measuring yourself. Should you be uncertain, do not hesitate to contact us.
Click here for an order form if you want to order by mail or e-mail.
We are going to reface the cabinet to the right.
Measure the cabinet doors and drawer fronts according to the following picture (click on it to enlarge). The drawer fronts will be both higher and wider than before, we leave only 4 mm gap between them. The size of the cabinet doors are only limited on the side where the hinges are. Here, the door may only overlap the cabinet frame by 4-8 mm or 14-18 mm. In this example we choose 17 mm. The width of the door will then be equal to 'cabinets internal width' + (2 x 17 mm).
You may choose the height of the doors freely but leave at least 5 mm between the doors top edge and the worktop. The top and bottom edge of the door should of course meet with the top edge of the top drawer front and the bottom edge of the bottom drawer front, respectively.
The following paragraph describes a simple way to measure your cabinet doors.
1. Measure your cabinets external height from the bottom edge of the cabinet to the top edge. If you have several cabinets with the same height in a row, measure at a few different places. Sometimes you get slightly different values. In that case, use the smallest value for all cabinets in the same row. The height of the doors will often be equal to the height of the cabinets but if you have something right above the cabinet (for example worktop, deco stipes or the ceiling) substract 5 mm from the height of the cabinets to get the height of the doors. For example if the cabinet is 720 mm high measured from the bottom edge of the cabinet to the bottom of the worktop then the door will be 715 mm high.
2. Measure the wall-thickness of the cabinet's side. Overlap on the hinge-side will be the cabinets thickness minus 2 millimeters. For example: if the cabinets wall is 18 mm thick then overlap will be 16 mm on the hinge-side. If the cabinet is thicker than 20 mm then the overlap will always be the maximum: 18 mm.
3. If the wall-thickness of the cabinet's side is between 16 och 20 mm, measure the EXTERNAL width of the cabinet. Measure the width of each cabinet at the bottom, in the middle and at the top and use the smallest value if you get different results. If you want a cabinet with ONE door, then the width of the door = cabinets external width - 4 mm. For example, if the cabinet's external width is 600 mm, then the door's width will be 596 mm. If you want TWO doors per cabinet with 1 mm gap between the doors, then the door's width = (cabinet's external width - 5 mm)/2. For example, if the cabinet's external width is 600 mm, then the door's width will be 297 mm. Round always down. If a door is 1 millimeter too small, it fits. If a door is 1 mm too big, it does not.
4. If the wall-thickness of the cabinet's side is more than 20 mm, measure the INTERNAL width of the cabinet. Measure the width of each cabinet at the bottom, in the middle and at the top and use the smallest value if you get different results. If you want a cabinet with ONE door, then the width of the door = cabinets internal width + 2 x 18 mm. For example, if the cabinet's internal width is 550 mm, then the door's width will be 586 mm. If you want TWO doors per cabinet with 1 mm gap between the doors, then the door's width = (cabinet's internal width - 1 mm) / 2 + 18 mm. For example, if the cabinet's external width is 550 mm, then the door's width will be 292 mm. Round always down.
5. Measure the height of the drawer fronts. Take away the bottom drawer and measure from the bottom edge of the cabinet to the bottom edge of the next drawer front. Substract 3 mm from the measured height for the gap between drawer fronts to get the height of the new drawer front. Continue with the second front from the bottom. Measure from the bottom edge of the second front to the bottom edge of the third front and substract 3 mm. Measure all drawer fronts the same way except the top front. Measure the top drawer front from the top edge of the front beneath to the top edge of the new cabinet door next to the drawers (if there is a door next the drawers).
6. Measure the widht of the drawer fronts the same way as you measured the width of the cabinet doors.
Measure and indicate all sizes in millimeter, width x height. Double-check everything!
The mounting plates of the hinges will cover the inside of the cabinet from 61 to 125 mm away from the top and the bottom edges of the NEW CABINET DOOR (not the cabinet opening). Please check that there are no obstacles (a shelf, for example) at this height and 60 mm inwards in the cabinet (see picture to the right). If you want to have the hinges higher or lower, please note that when you are ordering online in the box "meddelande".
Measure your corner cabinet doors according to the following drawing. Note that none of the doors goes into the corner! Substract 19 mm (the thickness of the doors) if you have measured the width of the doors from the corner of the cabinet. When you order the door that is directly connected to the cabinet (vertical on the drawing) choose "gångjärn för hörnskåp" (hinge for corner cabinet door) from the drop-down menu and "inget gångjärn" for the other door. We will drill all holes for the hinges in the door that is directly connected to the cabinet, just like on the drawing.
Choose standard hinge if you have a dioganal corner cabinet similar to the drawing on the right side. Check if there is enough place in the corner when you choose overlap for the hinge. The new cabinet doors will be 19 mm thick.
If your corner cabinet is similar to the drawing on the left, then you need +45-degree hinges. The width of the door will be the same as the width of the opening, just like on the drawing.